'ONE SHOULD EITHER BE A WORK OF ART, OR WEAR A WORK OF ART'

Sunday 1 February 2015

I bought the Berlin Street Style Guide at the same time as the Paris Street Style Guide. I read Paris first because it was the one with the most hype. While I was reading it, it was my favourite book, I wanted to live in Paris, I wanted to wear Paris. Then I read Berlin and realised I was a Berliner already. I do basics, jeans and cashmere pullovers not Chanel and the LBD. While J.Crew and Acne are still out of my reach they feel more me than Hermes. After all, I have German in my blood. My Mum always says my Nan would've loved me. 
I couldn't put this book down for a whole week. I was so easy to read. And acts as a guide to Berlin Shopping as well. I've made Mum promise to come with me and go to every shop listed in the book. 
I would say there is more fashion inspiration in the Paris Guide and more inspiration for interiors and such in the Berlin Guide. However, I can always refer to the Berlin Guide when I'm feeling dead on ideas. 
Be prepared for a great deal of comparison to Paris, with the book obviously siding with Berlin. By the end of the book the 'we're better than you are because we don't like a blow dry' gets a bit old but, if you look past that, I consider it a highly recommended guide. 








Berlin Street Style: A Guide to Urban Chic
Angelika Taschen with Alexa Von Heyden
Available here
£15.99


2 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun book!

    http://stylesprinter.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I'm up for that.... Berlin here we go.....

    ReplyDelete