'ONE SHOULD EITHER BE A WORK OF ART, OR WEAR A WORK OF ART'

Wednesday 4 March 2015

I was so worried about this assignment before this week. I thought there was too many boxes it had to tick: Something you're interested in, involve a placement, Events based, primary research, secondary research. The term 'placement' irritates me as it is. A week in a cold, developing gallery, is not going to benefit me, other than knowing what not to do. The term Continual Personal Development(CPD) is so much more suited in this scenario.

As soon as CPD was mentioned, everything became so much clearer. I knew I wanted to research something in the field of fashion, it's exciting and what I love. I started researching and found a report on The Culture Show from LFW 2010. The reporter told viewers 'if you're planning on attending LFW then get up 15 minutes earlier to lay on the slap' [The Culture Show, 2010]. I was so mad at this comment and at myself for not attending London Fashion Week because that could've been my CPD. THEN, Paris was mentioned, Paris Fashion Week 2015. Tickets were booked on Friday. My current question: Does Paris Fashion Week 2015 create expectations of women to look and act a certain way?




References

The Culture Show, (2010). [TV programme] BBC 2: BBC.

0 comments:

Post a Comment